Saturday, December 13, 2008

Here's a clue--take your foot off the accelerator!

You know how sometimes you are driving behind someone who couldn't buy a clue if they won the lottery? Coming home from my volunteer gig the other day--it's a 30-minute drive on a 1-lane-each-way road--I had a brake-rider in front of me. In front of him/her was a truck that was going slower than the speed limit. So okay, pass it or take your foot off the accelerator and reduce your speed. But no. Brake rider would accelerate right up to the truck's bumper and then brake, brake, brake. Even though I was keeping a civil distance (by taking my foot off the accelerator when necessary, by the way), it was still a pain for this car, which was already going slower than the speed limit, to constantly brake, brake, brake, every minute or two.

You know how you just want to cheer when someone like that finally turns off your road and is no longer a pain in your tuckus? Yea, me too. Sometimes, I DO cheer. It's not lady-like driving behavior, but sometimes it just helps to blow off steam for a moment. :)

No comments: